header

header

Friday, May 1, 2015

Pope Francis: "Go, do not be afraid, and serve"

As the weather begins to get warmer and the school year comes to an end many young adults are looking for summer volunteer opportunities. As a young adult myself I find service opportunities as a way to live out my faith and help those most in need. One of my favorite service opportunities was when I took a group of young adults to Ocean Springs, MS to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. Over the course of the week the temperatures soared to over 100 degrees but we keep working. We painted homes, built a shed, and met individuals who would be moving into the new homes. It was an incredible reward to see my hard work and determination impact the lives of others.

One of my favorite quotes from Blessed Theresa Gerhardinger, Foundress of the School Sisters of Notre Dame is:

United and content with little,
We go out into the whole world,
Into the tiniest villages
Wherever God calls us
….to bring the good news
Of God’s reign.


This quote is so fitting as we look for those service opportunities. Don't be afraid to use your time, talent, and treasure to not only help those in need but to share the good news.

What are some of your service experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with us!