header

header

Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Benifits of Volunteer Opportunities





The National Religious Vocation Conference shared an article yesterday about the positive benefits of service opportunities in a young adult’s life. One benefit in particular being the gift of discernment. As a young adult myself and a member of the JP2 generation, a generation who seeks out service opportunities, I can fully support the positive benefits of any service opportunity. I myself spent a week in rural Guatemala where I was able to see first-hand where God was calling me. The individuals I met in Guatemala showed me kindness, simplicity, love and faith in ways I had never before experienced. I remember lying awake at night, my mind racing with questions but my heart content because I knew my next step in life was to choose a career in ministry. I never looked back and my heart has been content since then.


Have you considered volunteering? Have you been part of a volunteer opportunity that changed how you approached life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with us!