header

header

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

God as my Co-Pilot



A friend recently sent me the book “Nobody’s Cuter than You” A memoir about the beauty of friendship. As I sat reading over the weekend I couldn’t help but resonate with several of the short stories not just because I can remember similar instances with my girlfriends but because it echoes my role as a Vocation Director. I was most struck by the point that so often what happens in life can be frustrating and challenging as we sort out the whys and what-ifs, but ultimately God has control. God can show us much better options if we allow him to be our co-pilot in life. This was very evident in my college years; I was in nursing school, playing collegiate soccer, involved in my sorority, working as a Nurse Tech. yet I felt like something was missing. It wasn’t until I stepped out of my comfort zone (with the help of God) and attended a week long mission trip to Guatemala that I finally connected the dots! I was missing out on the simplistic life, the involvement in parish ministry and meeting people where they were in their lives instead of rushing from task to task. While I wouldn’t take back any of the experiences because ultimately I am a better person for them I know now that the missing piece was my faith journey.

Have you had a similar experience? Are you willing to let God be your co-pilot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with us!