header

header

Friday, April 17, 2015

High School Presentations

One of the opportunities occasionally given to vocation ministers is to speak with young women in high school about the nature of religious life and why someone would choose to enter in to that way of life. I had the privilege of speaking with a group of girls who are currently juniors earlier this week. What I enjoy most about working with that age group is that they are genuinely curious about the options available to them as they begin to consider life after high school. Helping others to better understand what consecrated religious life is about always reminds me, too, about why I love doing the work of vocation ministry. There is such grace in a moment where a conversation or an answered question opens up new possibilities in someone's life! I hope that my time with those young women was as much of a gift to them as it was to me.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda is a gift to our vocation ministry team--thank you for your presence! We each do bring grace to each other when we are truly present. May SSND continue to value the blessings of all who collaborate and share in our ministries.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with us!