header

header

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Day 7 There Is a Season



Summer 2015 Book Discussion
Parker Palmer—Let Your Life Speak

Chapter 6, There Is a Season, as I began to read this chapter I was struck by several emotions and life events. We had just experienced a turn of seasons from Spring to Summer and as the heat and humidity often associated with Summer immediately began to creep in I felt a change within myself; life began to slow down, vacations and weekend getaways were booked and a relaxation crept over me. Imagine my reaction when I read the description of each season and immediately understood Palmer’s approach. I greatly appreciate being able to reflect on my personal vocation story with the descriptions of each season, “the cycle of the seasons reminds us that the journey never ends.” (Page 95)
As I finished reading this chapter I couldn’t help but reflect on Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 or the song Turn! Turn! Turn! by the Byrds. Perhaps you too should take a few minutes to read or listen and reflect too.

  1. What season speaks to your life now? Why?   
  2. Do you take time to enjoy every season in your life? How?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with us!