header

header

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Let Your Life Speak Day 1



Welcome to our first ever Summer Book Discussion. We are happy that you have decided to join us.  Parker Palmer’s Book, Let Your Life Speak, is a great resource to help anyone discern deeper where the voice of vocation may be calling them.

I have always loved to read. I remember riding my bike to the library weekly during summer break and loading my book-bag with books like The Little House on the Prairie or The Baby Sitters Club, I could sit for hours in the sunlight and easily get lost in the stories. While my reading habits have changed over the years, I still enjoy the opportunity to curl up on the couch with a good novel, or pouring a warm cup of coffee and sitting at my desk with a spiritual book or article and getting lost in the words as my mind grows and expands with the knowledge being gained. 

I remember the first time I read Let Your Life Speak. I was in my twenties and working towards a Master’s Degree in Pastoral Studies. This book was required reading for my Lay Formation class. As a younger student in the program I remember feeling slightly awkward at times because my personal vocation story was still unfolding while others seemed to know exactly where their life experiences were taking them. As I began reading this book I found the stories to be applicable to my own life, and for the first time I was able to feel like my personal vocation story had substance and meaning. My journaling went from simply answering questions to lengthy reasoning and self-awareness. I hope that this book speaks to you as well.  May you find comfort and peace in the journey you are on. 

Over the next 6 days we will look at each chapter of this book in depth. Feel free to ask any questions or offer important points as you begin to read and apply this book to your life.We will explore one chapter each day...up tomorrow is Chapter 1, Listening to Life.


Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with us!